Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting out into the world

My comments on some other food blogs:


1. On Apple Butter

Sounds delicious atop a cinnamon raisin bagel… but I could get more creative. What about an apple butter panini? Coat the outside of the bread with apple butter, then inside put a bit more, plus some brie, a thin slice of apple, and maybe a slice of ham or turkey? The apple slice, of course, seasoned with cinnamon… you’re really starting to hook me on the apple butter concept, wow!
 2. On Grilled Cheese

I tried this at home myself last week, at the request of a hungry, grilled cheese-loving house guest. Turned out pretty well, though we were at the discretion of the stock of the supermarket near my house (left something to be desired). We ended up with rosemary-olive oil ciabatta (gave an interesting kick), and a basic balsamic reduction. I thought the sandwich turned out well (my partner in sandwich-building crime loved it). But you weren't kidding when you said it would be hard to flip--WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment